How can we help?

As a non-resident, what type of accounts can I open?

If you are not currently residing in Canada but you have existing TFSAs and RRSPs, we can assist you with transferring and managing those accounts.

You can open a new Non-Registered account, or transfer an existing one. 

New deposits can be made to a Non-Registered investment account.

The minimum investment balance requirement for non-residents is $25,000.

Availability varies by country. We do not open accounts for residents of jurisdictions:

  1. Located in the European Economic Area
  2. Subject to sanctions imposed by the Government of Canada
  3. Within the United States of America
  4. Listed on the Financial Action Task Force high risk jurisdictions subject to call for action as well as restricted as part of our internal risk management process. Feel free to contact us to confirm if we can work with you.

For expats, there are important tax and residency considerations to keep in mind. Check those details in the Non-Residents page of our FAQ section.

Was this article helpful?

Can’t find the answers you’re looking for?

Our customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support